Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Minute Friday- VIEW


Five Minute Friday


This is a post that I am linking up at Lisa-Jo Baker's blog.  She started something called 5 minute Friday, that I learned of through a blogger buddy, Lauren at The Thinking closet.  Essentially, you write for 5 minutes unedited and with out critiquing yourself as you go along.  I decided that I missed doing writing drills like this and decided to try this out today.  If you are interested in doing the same, give it a try and then link up over there as well.  It may bring out the hidden or dormant writer with in you!  So the topic was one word- VIEW.  So here is my 5 minutes on the word VIEW!


GO:
View, View, View, this is a hard one to think about because there are so many angles but I guess when I think of View, I kind of think of being up hi looking down, maybe on me.  Not in a bad way just seeing me as I am.  I think this is may be a view that God has for all of us.  Being able to just see where we are and what we are doing.  It is a supreme thought to have all of that power and control and not force his will on us but let us make our own decisions- in my opinion.  It makes me feel great to know that no matter how many times I have screwed up- he is still there- looking down on me- looking at me and guarding me.  He is greater than I will ever know and I am grateful to feel his love on me as I advance throughout the day.  I wish that I could have more faith when the storms are there or the tornadoes or the lighting strikes but I know that his view of me is good and that he can fix things that I myself have broken inadvertently or advertently.  this is a good view to have - one that can not be replaced- one that I hope to see clearer and appreciate more as the time goes on...to see myself as he sees me- with out spot or blemish- created in the image of his son- thank you Lord

And STOP!


Linking up here:          


Five Minute Friday

and here:

simple start logo May :: Simple Start Link Up

16 comments:

  1. Yes! His view of us - is beautiful when seen as his son stands in front of us. Sopping by from 5mF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelly
    When the storms of life threathens to overwhelm me and I cannot believe, I just look to Jesus and ask Him to believe in my stead. We can truly do nothing from eternity's perspective without Him!
    Much love from FMF
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that's sweet! thank you and it is true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. meg@ pureandsimpleblog.comMay 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM

    Kelly -

    Thanks for linking up with us! Sorry you had a bit of trouble with the image. I tried to fix the HTML so hopefully it won't be an issue moving forward.


    I love writing exercises like this! They definitely help to break down the editing process that slows down my writing! If you are interested in doing more of these - my friend Courtney @ bowdenisms.blogspot.com was doing a monthly 'word of the month' writing challenge like this. Her blog is lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goody- I will check it out- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought after reaching the end of your post is, "Amen!" What powerful text you spilled. "that he can fix things that I myself have broken inadvertently or advertently. this is a good view to have - one that can not be replaced- one that I hope to see clearer and appreciate more as the time goes on...to see myself as he sees me- with out spot or blemish- created in the image of his son- thank you Lord." Whew! That was darned good and beared repeating. We need to ask for His eyes, to see what He sees and not the tarnished view of ourselves and the world that our human flesh has developed. Thanks for this good word.

    I love that you tried your hand at Five Minute Friday, Kelly! One of these Friday, I'm going to get back at it myself. I saw it as such a fruitful exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very encouraging! Gives us the hope to live adventurously in this life, knowing that He is sovereign.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, thanks so much and I am glad you pointed it out- I need to keep doing stuff like this that quiets my inner voice to say "um stop, you suck"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you -- I want to see myself as He sees me. It is, as you say, a great feeling to know He looks at us with love no matter how many times we have screwed up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome- we will get there won't we! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting to get your view on view. Love unedited, uncensored writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I had a ball- I really need to do it again! It's fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!! Haven't heard of this link up yet - but I may just give it a try! =) Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. I read, appreciate and reply to them all.