Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Customized labels for your kids or your crafts

Financial compensation was not received for this post. A sample product was/will be gifted from Kidecals to facilitate the post/ review . All opinions expressed here are my own.


I love labels and different ways to organize things.  I love putting things in boxes just to group things together so they look organized and I also love stickers.  I have loved stickers since I was a kid (especially scratch and sniff- remember the skunk sticker?).

Well, I am super excited to find out about kidecals.com.

This website has tons of different stickers/ labels that you can use for your child's lunchbox, backpack or sneakers if they attend daycare and often take their shoes off!   You can customize labels for the kitchen or even use them for gift tags for special occasions. That is precisely what I am going to do.

First I wanted to define a decal:
 A picture, design, or label made to be transferred (as to glass) from specially prepared paper; short for decalcomania
Now a sticker:   
A piece of paper with a picture or writing on it and a sticky substance on its back that is used to attach it to a surface
Thank you Websters Dictionary.  As you can see, stickers, labels, decals are all pretty similar.  They are just different names for similar jobs- that make life easier / funner.  Personally when some task like organizing has sweet labels involved, it make my task a little easier to accomplish!

So back to my personalized decals,  My husband's job is having their first ever crafting fair and I am planning on making soap and candles etc. So I thought this opportunity to have labels created that say "handmade with love" was perfect timing for the craft show.  I think anything monogrammed or specific to what you are trying to convey always appears like you put in just a little more work.

Initially I planned to write a pre-review and then a review after I received the product but I placed my order and about 2 days later received it in the mail in the cute envelope that you see up top!  And shipping is always free, even better.



For those other homeschooling moms out there- consider using the stickers with "L" for left foot and "R" for right foot to make putting on shoes much easier.  You could order some with R and some with L and keep using them for all of your child's shoes until they remember which shoe is which.

So take some time and check out the site.  They have super cute decals for your keyboard called Keycals and waterproof labels and a ton of others.  They also offer a 15 % savings when you sign up for their newsletter to stay current of sales and new products.

These are just a few ways to use them.  I ordered some that look like monograms but added some flair to them to use for my soaps and candles and other things I make.  I am excited to use them. Here they are in action.




What style do you like and how would you use yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your comments. I read, appreciate and reply to them all.